Wednesday, April 9, 2014

6 Months ago today

Dear Evan,

We did it!  We made it to 6 months!  The first milestone of many.

It's been 6 months of "heartbeats", therapy, breaking open capsule after capsule of Creon and trying to fit every last bead on the end of of a baby spoon.  It's been 6 months of applesauce, salt, daily sanitation cleaning, doctors galore, shots galore.  It's been 6 months of limited church and public activities.  It's been 6 months of monthly trips to Primary's and holding our breath every time you sneeze, cough, or have even the slightest runny nose.

But, it's been six months of snuggles, giggles, smiles, milestones and love.  And I wouldn't give up one day of any of the hard stuff for one less day with you.  You have been the biggest blessing to our family.  You have given us a purpose beyond our own.

I have learned more about love, sacrifice, charity, and eternity in these past 6 months, then I could have every learned in a lifetime and for that I am  eternally grateful.


The day you were diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis was the hardest day of my life.  I cried for months, not for the task at hand, but for the burden that will be yours for life.  But, I will be there with you every step of the way.  Cystic Fibrosis does not define you - you define it.  We will provide you with a home where you feel safe and loved.  We will laugh daily.  We will cherish the good days.  We will build memories.




I don't have all the answers.  There will be difficult and sad moments.  But, I can promise you this - no matter how difficult the task, we will do EVERYTHING we can to keep you healthy for as long as we can.  We will fight everyday until they find a cure.  I love you son!

Love, 
Mom




1 comment:

  1. So touching Stacy! Life is so fragile. I know I take for granted way more than I should. He is such a beautiful baby! And so blessed to have you. God bless you guys every single day!!

    ReplyDelete